Blueberries are one of the easiest berries to add to your diet and one of the most nutritious.
Blueberries are easy to prepare; just wash and eat. They are easy to stir into oatmeal, or yogurt for an added breakfast boost.
They add a nice flavor to smoothies, and who doesn't love a blueberry muffin?
One of our favorite breakfasts is blueberry pancakes, and pancakes with berries make a nice dinner treat.
Blueberries are wonderful to use fresh and they freeze nicely for later use.
Freezing blueberries is super easy
1. Wash the fruit with clean, cool water
2. Pick over the fruit, discard any withered, moldy, or squashed berries.
3. Place the fruit on a dishtowel and gently blot with another dishtowel (or paper towels) to remove any excess water.
4. Gently place the dry berries into zip-top style freezer bags and seal them up.
5. Place the bags full of berries in the freezer for later use.
Frozen berries will keep in the freezer for up to a year (they don't last that long at our house)
Get some of these wonderful berries in your diet today.