|Our pizza just before it went into the oven|
We save alot by making our own pizza.
Having a good dough recipe is key.
1 1/4 cups warm water about 90 degrees F
1/2 Tablespoon yeast
1 egg Beaten
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
about 4 cups flour
cornmeal for dusting the pans
Disolve the yeast in the water with 1 teaspoon sugar. Add the remaining ingredients to create a dough. knead until smooth. cover and let rise for 20 minutes or so while you assemble the toppings for the pizza.
Makes two 12-14 inch pizzas. Or in our case; We use 1/3 of the dough to create breadsticks and the other 2/3 to create a sheetpan pizza.
For the pizza
1. Preheat the oven to 450
2. Prepare the pans. Sprinkle the pan with cornmeal. This is important it keeps the dough from sticking.
3. Press the dough into the prepared pans.
4. Sauce. We keep it simple. We use an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce spread on the dough. We then sprinkle with garlic powder and dried pizza spice blend.
5. Pick your toppings, this one had sausage, peppers, and onions.
6. Bake about 15 minutes until golden brown in a 450 oven
It is really simple and yummy.
I make pizza almost every week. This looks like a great recipe. Would you consider posting it on my very first blog hop? http://offthegridat-30.blogspot.ca/2012/07/frugal-i-made-it-tuesday-1.htmlReplyDelete