This is such a wonderful recipe! It is a true winner!
This recipe is really good. It is one that I only make like once a year or so (when the zucchini is plentiful). Although it is made with Zucchini, it is still a sweet treat and should be treated as such.
To make zucchini pound cake you will need
1 cup grated zucchini tossed with 1 Tablespoon flour
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup butter, softened
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 Tablespoon finely grated orange peel
5 large egg yolks
5 large egg whites
Preheat the oven to 350
prepare a tube/bundt pan by greasing and flouring it
1. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy ( about 2 minutes)
2. Beat in the vanilla, orange peel, and orange juice.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time. mixing well between additions.
4. Stir in the zucchini
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form
6.Gently fold about 1/3 the flour and 1/2 the egg whites into the batter
8. Fold in the remaining flour
9. Spoon the mix into the prepared pan
10. Bake in 350 oven for about an hour until firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
11. cool ten minutes
Very important to let it cool 10 minutes before unmolding. Do not cool completly in the pan or it may not come out in one peice.
Oh how I wish my camera was working so that I could show you a picture of the finished product! I suppose you will have to use your immagination, or make some yourself.